Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Cheer 2005 (Day II / Finals) Review

Hmmm....you read my post for Day I review, and see who are my Top 5 prediction? Eventually, all this 5 teams actually finished in Top 5! Hmmm....

Champion: Dynamitez
1st Runner Up: Blitzers
2nd Runner Up: Vulcanz All-Boys
4th: Shirtliff
5th: Xavier

Overall, the competition was really an intense affair. Although I already knew that Dynamitez would win, it was a matter of time and waiting for Joey G to announce it officially. The DJ girls obviously deserve this win. After finishing runners-up for 2 consecutive years, it was high time and well, congrats to Khing Wei (her fifth year and last year!) the DJ captain who went through all the gutsy drama and overcome all tidal waves...she prove everyone wrong! Good Job. My favorite part in the routine was the Intro and also your stunts. Sorry, didn't like the Finale pyramid!

Blitzers - thunderous applause to this new team! Also two-thumbs-up to Carolyn Au for her admiration and dedication. BU(4) girls, you proved that even newer teams can be as good as the veterans! Next year perhaps you might just give the DJ a good fight! P/s: Your supporters are wild!

Vulcanz All Boys - They could have won the competition easily...if the routine was cleaner! Although stunting wise, we all know boys are way better and stronger in this section the dance and motions could have done justice. But to compare them to last year, the boys have improved by leap and bounds. What they should do now is probably concentrate on toughing up the motions and cheers.....and of course dance! Then again, GOOD JOB to Chee Wei! I'm proud of u!

Xavier - Hmmmm....I am really happy with the CBN girls. Although some might not like them using old cheers, but as one of their fan I think it is fetch! Using old cheers, but putting new stuff in it is wicked! Memang semangat! I love your....Eeeeegoya cheer. Stunting wise can be improve. Expect a thougher Xavier next year, as they are still young. Captain only 14yo!

Shirtliff - Perhaps, this is not Shirtliff's year. I know it is heartbreaking, but we all have to accept the fact that all teams has become better and better. Shirtliff should concentrate on toughen up their tumbling skills. Stunting wise, though you girls have the best ideas but to hit it you need to practice even more! I am always a fan of Shirtliff. I hope for next year, they will bounce back and make the stadium go ga-ga!

My other congrats to the TWO Ave Maria Convent Ipoh teams for bringing back 2 titles. I am sorry though to Titans that they did not make it to Top 3! Perhaps get a new coach?! Hehehe.

Shewanaz, girls I am so proud of you! Your scorpion extension menjadi! And 2 suicede langsung tak jatuh! You are my inspiration! Good Job!

No comments: