Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The run-up to Cheer 2005

Okay, it is barely 3 weeks to go...the sixth edition of the national high school cheerleading competition!
This year we see more and more teams competing...but sources from The Star said that they are limiting the number of participants! So if you get to read this, and haven't hand in your forms better do it now!

Anyways, I read the rules and regulations of the competition just last week. It was prepared by the cheer-queen and the very popular charm-ing Beverley Hon! Mind you, the rules pack was 29 pages long! It took me a while to really understand the rules. Thanks to Ong from NUS and May from Rangsit. They helped me better understand the rules.

Some of the rules are understandable since BCA always focuses on safety techniques. Elsewhere, the rules allowed coming back of pendulum stunt and flatback stunt. Good! But some stunts were also mention which was illegal. Well, well, I can't say much. The rules are already written, so just bloody follow it lah!

And the scoring system has changed a little bit, adapting the BCA competition judging form. I think it is a good idea to do so, as to standardise and make the competition a little bit fair. I hope those who make it to the Finals this year are those who deserve to win and not because of politics!

I bet this year the stadium would be twice bigger, as in the crowd. Dah lah program cheer jadi 2 hari, mesti gempak! Owh, make sure you bring the followings:

1. Camera
2. Poms
3. Placards (that says, "JUDE You rock!"
4. Pop corn
5. Coke

No comments: