Xavier is SMK Covent Bukit Nenas's cheerleading team. Has been the power house at their own backyard on Sports Day. Just like Shirtliff during its BBGS days.
Xavier cheerleading team has been the other team to watch at every cheer edition besides of that BBGS team lah. This situation is so irony to that in the movie Bring It On, where two teams Clovers and Toros share the simmillar colour of Xavier (Green) and Shirtliff (Red). Cool!
There are a few things to be noticed besides seeing the whole lot CBNers conquering the stadium in green t-shirts. Huhuhu. The very original E-go-ya (sorry, I don't know the speelingcorrectly) cheer. And also that Who is the King of the Jungle? cheer....
Cheers are cute, but happen to the team recently?
Xavier made its first public real impression when they came in 2nd at Cheer 2001, losing out to Shirtliff by a few points. The then captain, Ruzana Ibrahim promised that the next year the trophy will be theirs. And so it did. Captain Haznita Hamzah led to a histroy victory, preventing Shirtliff of winning the title for its 3rd time. That sweet victory was sweet, because personally I think the hard work the Xavier girls put in was tremnedous. Xavier was the first team to include tumblers in the team.
Cheer 2003 saw Xavier slipping to 3rd place. And believe me, defending the title is much more difficult in which the co-captains Zayanah Ibrahim and Maria Elena had to carry. That year so the zinger! Michael Jackson intro. Who cannot forget that? Elsewhere, the team tried to much perhaps and in the end losing much steam.
Cheer 2004, they promise to come back. But initially fall out of theTop 3, finishing 4th. Even losing out to its junior team Adele. I can't say much of the performance last year. I love it overall, but I thought they could have gone further.
This year, what I heard is that most seniors will be going back to school and train the Xavier team. I hope this formula works (the school spirit, and the determination to win!) because I would really want to see a great comeback from Xavier this year. Though I don't want to expect to much, but at least make a good comeback from last years defeat. Cause if Xavier keeps on falling and falling (which I don't think any fanatic Xavier fan would want that to happen!), I guess the school will have to focuc on the marching band then which recently finished 3rd at the Wilayah Band Comp!
DELETE the past! DEFEAT the future!
Xavier is Hot To Go! H-O-T-T-O-G-O, aumm!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment