Monday, April 25, 2005

Battle of The Dancers - Review

My Review

Okay, first of all, to all my fans (and All Stars)...I'm sorry that we weren't up to expectations! Hahaha. The routine was only rehearsed in TWO days! We were in for the fun of it. My biggest thank you to all cheerleaders who cheered for GREENUPS! If you wondered why Greenups....

1. Green was the favortie colour of most of the members who were going to compete. (Me and Nita!!)
2. GreenUp was in fact the 14 times National cheerleading champion in America!
so there goes the explanation....

Anyway, I was really, really nervous when the time has come. I entered the hall, saw the names of the other group competing, so canggih! Ade Gothic Friz, and Giler Battle Crew. Wow! Perlu ke sampai naik gile?! Then some weird ones like Funky Socks and simply poshy Ruined and Poised. Some very street-name like Definition. Classy name like Rouged.

I applaude and give TWO thumbs up to the winner and runner-up Funky Socks and Gothic Friz. Their showmanship was really interesting, it shows so much of work has been done. I'm not outdoing other dance group (we all worked hard). But the overall performance showed that these two groups were a par better. Funky's Intro Asmaradana was neat as compared to Gothic's theaterical opening.

Overall, I enjoyed the night, DJ Roshaan rocked! Everyone went crazy dancing on the floor. The music was okay, I only assumed that everyone was so into dancing because dah naik semangat after watching the competition itself. Semua TAK NAK KALAH BULUH! Gosh! Ade tu berpeluh sampai bau hanch! Ah.....

If the organisers had more money, they should have the following awards:

BEST COSTUME: Funky Socks
BEST INTRO: GreenUps
BEST SHOWMANSHIP: Ruined and Poised
BEST PROP: Funky Socks and Ruined and Poised
BEST ORIGINALITY: Rouged
BEST TALENT: Definition and Gothic Friz
BEST CHOREOGRAPHY: Funky Socks and Gothic Friz

Tahniah!

1 comment:

chaos & confusion said...

if we had la jude ;)
but tht night was fun fun.
good job greenups ;)