Came in 2003, I was at the briefing of Cheer 2003. Thanks to Beverley, we met a few more aspiring cheerleaders who think like us. They wanted to pursue further in cheering, perhaps cheering the rest of their lives. I met really nice people, including guys. At that point, I though "This is it!". The inclusion of Vulcanz All-Boys in the 2004 picture was inpsiring. We needed the boys to be in the frame to promote cheerleading to a better perspective. This year was another achievement for all, as we had another all-boy team in the North competition.
Now that we have come to the 6th competitive year, what we have achieve is quite impressive overall. Although the part of getting more guys to compete is rather sad. But with a group of people who are very fanatic with cheerleading (like me!), it will take another big step to encourage more guys to participate.
Earlier this year, I made a bid to include more boys in the team (Team All Stars). Instead of the usual two ( me and John), I wanted new faces. So came the audition for BCA 2005 team, I met 2 guys who were really in the right mood at that time. They were spirited and excited. Ludwig is only 16 and now a cheer-freak like me, and Faisal who is 21 and now cheering with the Bobcats Montana State University! I'm glad both of them has found something that has inspired them to be a better person. My cheer buddy John has grown to be a matured and more dedicated to cheering these days.
Cheerleading is not just a sport. It is a circle of life. You meet many people, of which you will learn many things from everyone. In the aspect of friendship, relationship and even values. I hope more guys will participate for the fun of this sport. And then, perhaps at a later day they will be much serious with it because they have found that cheerleading is more than cheering!
So guys, dare you do stunts with my girls?
1 comment:
i nak jadik flyer!!! ooowie!
Post a Comment