Monday, September 05, 2005

Hello to our Indonesian friends!

You might want to know and ask how cheerleading is like in our neighbouring countries. I will start with our little known cheerleading friends in Indonesia.
I got to know this guy, who happens to be someone who is just like me with what I am doing here in Malaysia. He is a cheer freak and also a self-taught cheerleader coach. He and his team got the idea to form a community (or Association to us) in Jakarta.
They are still new, but have so much of keen interest to develop cheerleading as a healthy activity. Sadly only all-girls teams participates at various competition in Jakarta. Boys don't compete because:
1. It's a girls sport
2. No keen interest
3. No male-cheerleader publicity
So hopefully in the near future, we (Team All Stars) would be able to work on some program with them and perhaps promote a better cheerleading idea to them.
Wanna know more, click: www.indonesiancheerleaders.com

No comments: