Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Gossip Cheer (Part I)

Hmmmm...I would fankly start and let you know that I started very late cheering. I completed form 5 in 2000, then that was the first edition of the Cheer series we have. I didn't bother going because I thought it was just pure pom2 girls, flashy routines and short skirts. In 2001, my school was suppose to enter but due to the last minute planning we gave it a skip.

My pet sis, Sharin was the captain of the school team. Came 2002, she approached me to get my assistance and I agreed to train with no prior cheerleading background. All I had was my dance and performing arts experience to help. Thanks to books, ESPN and internet, I became an instant cheerleading coach! Shewanaz did quite okay the first year. And that was the year Xavier defeated Shirtliff!

I got caught up with the cat-fights between Shirtliff and Xavier since 2001. I had a neighbour who was an arden fan of Shirtliff. She said so many amazing thing about them, so I was really hoping to see the truth myself at Cheer 2002. Yes, Shirtliff rocked! But then Xavier was the story to read! They were really smart in planning the routine, using all the talent they got and showed it.

2003, I get to know more friends. Cheerleading friends. At first, I thought I was the only cheer-freak, padahal memang banyak cheer freaks! Got to know Mel from Shirtliff that year. She was the first cheerleader I met and got to know in person. She is an amazing person, and now a lovely friend. Mel was known for her strict regime during her Shirtliff days. Her juniors have difficulty to be friendly to her because Mel was simply ganas. But she is not! After her, I got to know more Shirtliff girls, that includes Mira, Husna, Nadia and the popular Chee Har. The celebrated Diha was the last I met. These girls form the Bomb Diggidy Shirtliff Squad 2001-2002!

No comments: