Shewanaz was born in 2002. The name was given by my sister's class mate then. She taught of Chiwanas. I don't know how did it come out. WEIRD. But everyone seem to love it. But I suggest to change it to SHEWANAZ. Slang word to the interpratation of She Wants It!
Shewanaz made it debut at Cheer 2002. Finishing 18th out of 20 teams! Thanks to the 60 point penalties! If not, they could have finished in Top 10.
Cheer 2003 was the year where we had the best of the best from Sekolah Sri Garden. Stunting difficulty was way higher. The same as those of Shirtliff and Xavier then. But sadly the team did not complete a clean routine. Both extension arabesque did not happen. Some stunt dismount was never perfect. So penalties were everywhere. But thankfully, they finished 9th!
Cheer 2004 was a sad episode. We had members who had left, because the school fees is so so expensive. One semester now is equavalent to my one year fees 5 years ago! Then we had some who had moved to Africa and Australia. We had only 10. So we solicited 1 ex member who is in another school, and another girl from the primary section. The rule did not state the agility of the members, so our little girl Angela was lucky. And she was the toss of the team! Since everyone was really new, the routine was rather simple. Stunting wise there was no difficulty because I wanted to play safe. But I put in more difficulty in the dance segment. Elsewhere, everyone has improved. New teams emerging from everywhere, especially the PJ area. They really stunt me. Despite the really close competition, Shewanaz finished at 11th. Only 1 point seperates them from the Top 10 again! And a mere 21 points from the Top 6! Dame.
Cheer 2005. I have more faith and confidence this year. The juniors are now seniors. More experienced. Basic skills are okay. Only have to work out to extent the teams difficulty. Chances are even at this moment. Knowing the strength of teams like Sri KL, St Mary and Seafield, Shewanaz has what it takes to go further this year. I aim for a Top 6 finish.
My prediction of Top 10 at Cheer 2005.
Every year, these FOUR schools are always featured in the Top 10.
SMK SBU (2 teams), SMK CBN (2 teams, SMK DJ (Dynamitez) and AMC Ipoh (Titans).
Leaving it to SMK St Mary, Sri KL, Sri Garden, Seafield, and perhaps newcommers like Subang Utama and Bandar Utama 4 school teams to fight for the remaining spots. I have no doubt at least 8 spots for this years Top 10 will be filled up by these teams.
Chances for Sri Garden this year to go one up is totally up to the teams spirit, commitment and of course luck on that day.
Cheer 2005 is held two days this year. July 2 and 3.
July 2 - Qualifying rounds
July 3 - Finals!
Cool! I can't wait to cheer out loud!
Go Shewanaz!
I don't just cheer.
I inspire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment